      From: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com [mailto:TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Edward Reznicek
      Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 9:54 AM
      To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] Frequency of Czech Surnames

      Welcome to the Czech family.
      Now that you know your heritage is from Czechoslovakia, can you narrow it down to Czech or Slovakia?
      My wife and I made a trip to the Czech Republic 3 summers ago.  It was a most wonderful trip.  We met some of my Reznicek relatives and spent some time in their home.
      My wife and I speak a limited amount of Czech but were able to communicate fairly well until they started talking about new technology and then I was lost.  I found out that the Czech language we speak, is that of of our forefathers.  The Czech that is spoken in the Czech Republic has changed but they could understand us and we them.
      It is a wonderful country and if they know that you are a Czech from the USA and From Texas, you will get the royal treatment.  We were fortunate to attend a festival in Frenstat and were asked to come up on stage during the opening ceremonies along with several Federal Representatives and introduced to the attendees.  We were also invited to join the town mayor and others for a great breakfast.
      Have many more stories I could tell you.