37433Re: Louis Wick Murder 3/29/2003

  • txaccent
    Jan 31, 2008
      I was so glad I was able to finally find out what happened in the
      trail portion of this case. Although I would still like to know what
      happened to the teen girl. I hold the Knezek family (and thorugh
      stories heard the Wick family) near and dear to me in my heart and
      think of them always.

      Laura

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Ray J. Bacak" <rjbacak@...>
      wrote:

      > "Hi, My name is Megan Martin.
      > I was wondering if anyone here has any information about the Wick
      and Jurena families. I have been wanting to find out more about them,
      but i have no clue as where to even start.

      > My grandfather is Louis Wick. d. 3/29/2003"
      >
      > Megan, I'm sure you have this news, but thought others would be
      interested. Will condense:

      > The Moulton Eagle, 4/15/2004:
      >
      > "Voan Pleads Guilty, Receives 80-year Sentence for Sweet Home
      Murders

      > A plea agreement offered by District Attorney W. A. "Bud"
      Kirkendall, was accepted by the lawyers representing Bryan Andrew
      Voan, 21, bringing to an end a yearlong wait for justice by relatives
      of Louis Wick and his daughter, Darlene Knezek.

      > In the agreement, Voan plead guilty to two counts of capital
      murder, and was sentenced to two 40 year state prison terms.

      > Voan, of North Richland Hills, and a 15-year old female of Haltom
      City, entered the Wick home near Sweet Home on March 29, 2003.
      During a robbery of the home, Voan shot and killed Louis Frank Wick,
      85, and his daughter, Darlene Knezek, 53, of Corpus Christi.

      > The girl is a minor under Texas law and her name cannot be released
      for publication, unless she is certified as an adult.

      > "I think Judge Peschal has a date set sometime this month, to bring
      her case to court," said Kirkendall."

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic