36261Re: [TexasCzechs] Kaliseks

  • sharon stoddard
    Oct 19, 2007
      MY GRANDFATHER - JOE KALISEK WAS BORN IN 1902, SHINER, TX HIS WIFES NAME WAS ANNIE DIED IN 1956. HIS FATHER WAS FRANK KALISEK, I NEVER KNEW HIM OR MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER.  MY GRANDMOTHER ANNIE DIED WHEN I WAS TWO.  I AM NOT SURE ABOUT MARY.  JOE KALISEK DID HAVE  BROTHERS NAMED ANTON-LIVED IN PORT LAVACA.  JOHN C KALISEK DIED IN 1979 LIVED IN NEEDVILLE, TX,  HE HAD A SISTER NAMED LILLY THAT MARRIED JOHN JURANEK AND LIVED IN CORPUS CHRISTI, TX, SISTER - ANNIE MARRIED A BERGER, ROSIE MARRIED ADOLPH BERCKENHOFF AND LIVED CLOSE TO SCHLENBURG.  THERE WAS "SLIM" CAN'T REMEMBER HIS NAME,  ALBERT THAT LIVED IN SHINER, SON DONALD, DAUGHTERS- DORIS AND ANN MARIE. CECILA ?, ADOLPH KALISEK AND I CAN'T REMEMBER THE REST NOW.  YOUR ARE RIGHT THEY ARE HARD TO TRACK, WE DON'T KNOW MUCH, MOST OF THE OLDER ONES ARE GONE THAT KNEW.  MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER WAS AN ALBRECHT.  I LOOKED UP ON THE WEB ONE DAY AND DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY, JOE'S, JOHN'S, FRANK'S, ADOLPH'S AND ANTON KALISEK THERE IS IN US.?  TOO MANY.  ALL THE WAY BACK INTO THE 1800'S
      WHERE ARE YOU FROM AND WHERE DOES YOUR FAMILY LIVE?

      charles machart <cdm3110@...> wrote:
      I am very interested in the Kalisek family and so when I saw your email I was excited.  My grandmother was Mary Kalisek, married to Tom Steinocher.  Anton , John, Joe were her brothers.  I have some genealogy on this family, but not very much, for some reason the family has been difficult to track, but I am interested in comparing notes with any of the family that is interested.  My greatgrandfather was Anton Kalisek, married to Annie Soucek, and they came to Texas from Bohemia, my grandmother, Mary was the first born here in Texas.  I hope this is the same family as mine.

      Charles Machart

      sharon stoddard <stoddardsharon@ yahoo.com> wrote:
      MY DAD'S AUNT ROSIE WAS MY GRANDFATHER' S JOE KALISEK SISTER,  WHEN WE WERE KIDS WE WENT TO VISIT QUITE OFTEN AND I CAN REMEMBER HER GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, GRABBING A COUPLE OF CHICKENS, CLEANING THEM FOR CHICKEN SOUP,  SHE HAD THE HOMEMADE NOODLES MADE, CHICKEN IN THE SOUP POT, KOLACHES RISING FOR THE OVEN, AND A HUGH BREAKFAST ON THE TABLE.  ALL BEFORE WE WENT TO CHURCH ON SUNDAY.  AND THAT WAS QUITE A TASK CONSIDERING THAT SHE HAD IF I REMEMBER RIGHT 13 KIDS AND MY FAMILY HAD 7 KIDS.  BUT I WILL NEVER FORGET HER.  SHE WAS A HARD WORKING WOMEN AND LOVING ONE.  AND THE WEDDINGS THE FAMILY THRU WAS HUGH AND I CAN REMEMBER THE UN A/C HALLS, POLKA MUSIC AND DANCING AND OF COURSE THE KOLACHES.

      JOHN C. KALISEK WAS MY FAVORITE OF MY DAD'S UNCLES,  WE KEPT IN CLOSE TOUCH AND I LOVED HIM DEARLY.  OH SOME OF THE STORIES I COULD TELL YOU. WHEN HE PASSED I WAS PREGNANT WITH MY SON AND COULD NOT ATTEND HIS FUNERAL, BUT MY PARENTS WERE THERE.  HIS WIFE ELIZABETH, HIS SON RICHARD KALISEK AND HIS DAUGHTER, MARGARET ANN SURY STILL LIVE IN NEEDVILLE AND WE SEE EACH OTHER FREQUENTLY AND KEEP UP ON THE PHONE.
      LEON W. KALISEK IS ANTON KALISEK'S SON.  ANTON WAS THE YOUNGEST OF MY DAD'S UNCLE. HE WAS MARRIED TO AGNES AND I BELIEVE THEY HAD 10 KIDS.
      ANTON DIED A FEW YEARS BACK.  RICHARD KALISEK IN NEEDVILLE CAN GIVE YOU INFORMATION ON HIM.  THEY KEEP IN CLOSE CONTACT WITH ANTON'S FAMILY.

      IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING ON FRANK, JOHN, SLIM "AS HE WAS CALLED", ANNIE, LILLY, AND THE REST OF THE FAMILY, I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE IT.

      I TRY TO KEEP UP THE HERITAGE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, SPECIALLY SINCE MY MOM AND DAD HAVE PASSED ON.  I AM THE OLDEST AND I PICKED UP WHERE MY MOM LEFT OFF.  IN FACT 11/4/07 IS PLANNED A HUGH FAMILY DINNER THAT I MAKE EVERY YEAR THAT INCLUDES, HOMEMADE CHICHEN SOUP, NOODLES AND ALL, CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS, AND OF COURSE KOLACHES.

      Matt Cross <lennonluv@hotmail. com> wrote:
      Sharon,

      I am connected to Lillian through her father's side, the Berckenhoffs. Rosie Kalisek Berckenhoff died 12 Dec 1969 and is buried at St. John's Catholic Cemetery in St. John, Fayette Co., TX.

      I have a few other Kaliseks I have yet to connect to Rosie. Perhaps you can help. They are as follows:

      John C. Kalisek, born 6 Sep 1907; died 22 Oct 1979 in Needville, Fort Bend County, TX; married Elizabeth Berckenhoff, daughter of Pius Berckenhoff and Annie Beyer.

      Leon Wayne Kalisek, born 18 Jan 1950, married Vicky Lynn Koliba in Port Lavaca, Calhoun County, TX.

      I'll have to email Rosie Kalisek Berckenhoff' s granddaughter.

      Do You Yahoo!?
      http://mail. yahoo.com

      Do You Yahoo!?
      http://mail. yahoo.com