36072Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: svrcek index-Valek entries
- Oct 8, 2007Jana,
On page 200 you referenced the "Wallis entry". Several of my family were
mentioned there. Did you type the entire text of the Wallis entry?
> --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:TexasCzechs%40yahoogroups.com>, "Robert Coiteux" <rcoiteux@...>
> > Anything about Polacek(Polasek) and or Klacman from moravia-Vsetin?
> > Blessings and Bounty
> > Tammy
> Nothing even close to Klacman, but--
> Polasek: 78, 124
> pg. 124 (Latium entry): " Some 12 miles from Brenham, in Washington
> County, is situated the Czech community of Latium, with a small frame
> church, dedicated to St. Francis. Czech families came here in 1860,
> when this country was still thick with wild forests. The Kadlecek
> family were the first to have moved in, then came Supak, Tomascik,
> Urban, Sitta, Stary, Janda, Janak, Pivetz, Kovar, Kocebucky, Orsak,
> Macek, Grigar, Vojtek, Pisklak, Gerik, Duzil, Sulak, Krivacky, Gass,
> Sklar, Bednar, Polasek, Raska, Sedlacek, and a number of others whose
> names could not be learned."
> Polasek, Agnes: 200
> Polasek, Emil and Frances: 200
> pg. 200 (Wallis entry): "On August 16, 1915 a violent Gulf Story
> caused extensive damage to the church. . . The repairs on the storm
> damaged church were completed in 1917. Frank and Rosalie Raska and
> Frank and Karolina Pazderny donated the Main Altar at a value of
> $1,000.00 to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary October 25,
> 1917. . . A Station of the Cross, donated $8.00 Agnes Polasek; Frank
> and Apolena Jurek; Emil & Frances Polasek; Johanna Sliva; Joseph and
> Johanna Melnar; Veronica Janovsky; Anna Pazderna; August and Albina
> Polasek, Fred: 30
> pg. 30 (Corpus Christi entry): "In 1905 Joseph Oujezdsky and his
> brother-in-law John Brandejsky from Bryan visited here. . . In July,
> 1906 he moved here permanently. . . It was a disappointment for him
> how few Czech families followed him here. There were here at this
> time Alois Cech, Mr. Hajny, a widowed elderly man. In the autumn of
> that year Frank Kocurek came from Ellinger, Adolph Rohan from
> Yorktown, Fred Polasek and Mr. Zezula from Granger and Jacob Koblizek
> from Cameron.
> Polasek, J. H.: 208
> Pg. 208 (West entry): "The present [parish] board is comprised of
> Monsignor Joseph Pelnar Chair; Father Edward J. Polcak, Secretary and
> Treasurer; Frank Bezdek president of the local K.J.T. and director of
> supreme lodge; j. l. Svrcek, Joseph Masek, Sr.; J. H. Polasek; F. M.
> Marak; Charles Dvoracek; Adolph Muska; John E. Stanislav; Cemetery
> Committee Vinc Urbanovsky, Sr.; Joseph Kotrla."
> Polasek, John: 51, 60, 116
> Pg. 60 (El Campo entry): "In 1897 the parishioners bought three and
> half acres of land for $150.00 and in 1900 under the pastorship of
> Father G. J. Hendrick they built the first frame church. The parish
> committee was John Polasek, Adolph Mozisek and Joseph J. Vasicek Sr."
> pg. 116 (Inez entry): "The first Czech families mentioned are in the
> year of 1890 -- Paul Merecka; John Polasek; John Frydriech; Valentine
> and Al. Srubar; Tom Charbula; and L. Krause."
> Polasek, R. J.: 103
> Pg. 102-3 (Hobson entry): "It was shortly after the accession to the
> SEE of San Antonio, that Bishop Forest learned that in Karnes County
> near the Wilson County border – the diocese had been ceded a number
> of thousands of acres of land. . . . He . . . agreed to sell the
> lands in 1898. The lands were an inheritance from the Bishop's
> predecessor Bishop Neraz. As the price of land was rather low, a
> number of families came from around Hallettsville and bought up the
> land. Among these families was one William Kutac (Kutach); Joseph
> Ondrej; Joseph Honc; Filip, and a few German Catholic families.
> Frank Harmig and Kunz built a cotton gin. E. H. Mitchell with R. J.
> Polasek built a brick store near the Railroad Station. R. J. Polasek
> managed the store and also was an Express and Railroad agent."
> Polasek, Rudolph: 31, 32
> Pg. 31 (Corpus Christi entry): "In 1913 Father Joseph Klobouk came to
> this parish . . . Then came the families of John Malchar, Alois Wolf,
> Frank Malchar, Alois Motal, Anton Fritz, John Janosec Sr., Joe Ermis,
> Karel Batrak, Kaspar Zdansky, John Wolf, and Andrew Pospech. . . .In
> 1914 came the family of Rudolph Polasek . . ."
> Pg. 32 (Corpus Christi entry): "The first officers of the
> lodge `Moravian' were President Leo Netak, Secretary, Rudolph
> Polasek, Treasurer, Kaspar Sdansky."
> Polasek, Rudolph J.: 14
> pg. 14 (Breslau entry): "In 1880 Anton Konecny was the first pupil in
> the Breslau School (son of Anton Konecny, Sr. still living). Then
> came Rudolph J. Polasek now living in Hobson and J. M. Najvar."
> Polasek, William (Vilem): 80
> Pg. 80 (Floresville entry): "Of the pioneers we can mention Jacob
> Zahn; Joseph Jansky; Bohuslav Pavlisk; William (Vilem) Polasek;
> Thomas and Frank Chupik; Lambert Chylek; John Marecka; Matula and
> Luke Strala."
> Polasek, William: 201
> pg. 201: "July 15  the following were elected for school
> building board, Adolph Faltysek; Joseph Lalo; Joseph Melnar; and
> William Polasek. They in cooperation with the parish board (Francis
> Viaclovsky; Anton Hrusek; Sylvester Pazderny; Karel Macha; Prancis
> Polak and Francis Pazderny) were to see to the collections of
> donations and the proper construction of the new school . . . Through
> hard and earnest work of Mrs. Marie Hundl, donations collected by
> her, a statue of St. Theresa, the Little Flower, was blest October 7,
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>