36060Re: svrcek index-Valek entries
- Oct 8, 2007--- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Coiteux" <rcoiteux@...>
>Nothing even close to Klacman, but--
> Anything about Polacek(Polasek) and or Klacman from moravia-Vsetin?
> Blessings and Bounty
Polasek: 78, 124
pg. 124 (Latium entry): " Some 12 miles from Brenham, in Washington
County, is situated the Czech community of Latium, with a small frame
church, dedicated to St. Francis. Czech families came here in 1860,
when this country was still thick with wild forests. The Kadlecek
family were the first to have moved in, then came Supak, Tomascik,
Urban, Sitta, Stary, Janda, Janak, Pivetz, Kovar, Kocebucky, Orsak,
Macek, Grigar, Vojtek, Pisklak, Gerik, Duzil, Sulak, Krivacky, Gass,
Sklar, Bednar, Polasek, Raska, Sedlacek, and a number of others whose
names could not be learned."
Polasek, Agnes: 200
Polasek, Emil and Frances: 200
pg. 200 (Wallis entry): "On August 16, 1915 a violent Gulf Story
caused extensive damage to the church. . . The repairs on the storm
damaged church were completed in 1917. Frank and Rosalie Raska and
Frank and Karolina Pazderny donated the Main Altar at a value of
$1,000.00 to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary October 25,
1917. . . A Station of the Cross, donated $8.00 Agnes Polasek; Frank
and Apolena Jurek; Emil & Frances Polasek; Johanna Sliva; Joseph and
Johanna Melnar; Veronica Janovsky; Anna Pazderna; August and Albina
Polasek, Fred: 30
pg. 30 (Corpus Christi entry): "In 1905 Joseph Oujezdsky and his
brother-in-law John Brandejsky from Bryan visited here. . . In July,
1906 he moved here permanently. . . It was a disappointment for him
how few Czech families followed him here. There were here at this
time Alois Cech, Mr. Hajny, a widowed elderly man. In the autumn of
that year Frank Kocurek came from Ellinger, Adolph Rohan from
Yorktown, Fred Polasek and Mr. Zezula from Granger and Jacob Koblizek
Polasek, J. H.: 208
Pg. 208 (West entry): "The present [parish] board is comprised of
Monsignor Joseph Pelnar Chair; Father Edward J. Polcak, Secretary and
Treasurer; Frank Bezdek president of the local K.J.T. and director of
supreme lodge; j. l. Svrcek, Joseph Masek, Sr.; J. H. Polasek; F. M.
Marak; Charles Dvoracek; Adolph Muska; John E. Stanislav; Cemetery
Committee Vinc Urbanovsky, Sr.; Joseph Kotrla."
Polasek, John: 51, 60, 116
Pg. 60 (El Campo entry): "In 1897 the parishioners bought three and
half acres of land for $150.00 and in 1900 under the pastorship of
Father G. J. Hendrick they built the first frame church. The parish
committee was John Polasek, Adolph Mozisek and Joseph J. Vasicek Sr."
pg. 116 (Inez entry): "The first Czech families mentioned are in the
year of 1890 -- Paul Merecka; John Polasek; John Frydriech; Valentine
and Al. Srubar; Tom Charbula; and L. Krause."
Polasek, R. J.: 103
Pg. 102-3 (Hobson entry): "It was shortly after the accession to the
SEE of San Antonio, that Bishop Forest learned that in Karnes County
near the Wilson County border the diocese had been ceded a number
of thousands of acres of land. . . . He . . . agreed to sell the
lands in 1898. The lands were an inheritance from the Bishop's
predecessor Bishop Neraz. As the price of land was rather low, a
number of families came from around Hallettsville and bought up the
land. Among these families was one William Kutac (Kutach); Joseph
Ondrej; Joseph Honc; Filip, and a few German Catholic families.
Frank Harmig and Kunz built a cotton gin. E. H. Mitchell with R. J.
Polasek built a brick store near the Railroad Station. R. J. Polasek
managed the store and also was an Express and Railroad agent."
Polasek, Rudolph: 31, 32
Pg. 31 (Corpus Christi entry): "In 1913 Father Joseph Klobouk came to
this parish . . . Then came the families of John Malchar, Alois Wolf,
Frank Malchar, Alois Motal, Anton Fritz, John Janosec Sr., Joe Ermis,
Karel Batrak, Kaspar Zdansky, John Wolf, and Andrew Pospech. . . .In
1914 came the family of Rudolph Polasek . . ."
Pg. 32 (Corpus Christi entry): "The first officers of the
lodge `Moravian' were President Leo Netak, Secretary, Rudolph
Polasek, Treasurer, Kaspar Sdansky."
Polasek, Rudolph J.: 14
pg. 14 (Breslau entry): "In 1880 Anton Konecny was the first pupil in
the Breslau School (son of Anton Konecny, Sr. still living). Then
came Rudolph J. Polasek now living in Hobson and J. M. Najvar."
Polasek, William (Vilem): 80
Pg. 80 (Floresville entry): "Of the pioneers we can mention Jacob
Zahn; Joseph Jansky; Bohuslav Pavlisk; William (Vilem) Polasek;
Thomas and Frank Chupik; Lambert Chylek; John Marecka; Matula and
Polasek, William: 201
pg. 201: "July 15  the following were elected for school
building board, Adolph Faltysek; Joseph Lalo; Joseph Melnar; and
William Polasek. They in cooperation with the parish board (Francis
Viaclovsky; Anton Hrusek; Sylvester Pazderny; Karel Macha; Prancis
Polak and Francis Pazderny) were to see to the collections of
donations and the proper construction of the new school . . . Through
hard and earnest work of Mrs. Marie Hundl, donations collected by
her, a statue of St. Theresa, the Little Flower, was blest October 7,
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>