33979Re:Publishing a book on family

  • Richard Martin
    Apr 3, 2007
      It also depends on your idea of "publishing".  Do you want to publish a book ON the family (for public consumption) or (just) FOR the family?  Do you want it to be a BOOK or a "book"?  I can send you some photos of the book I made for my family if it gives you any ideas.

      I created my book using photos, illustrations, maps and diagrams to accompany historical references/explanations of the period that were directly relevant to family experiences, and added specific family information within that.  I was/am also cost concerned and in my case, I had it bound at Office Depot's print shop, with vinyl back cover and clear front cover (to show my pictured title page). That was just my budgeted approach.  I am very proud of it, and they love it.  :-)

      Richard Martin
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic