33220Re: more on the Petras family

  • webackmac
    Feb 1, 2007
      The Petras family in La Grange were descendants of I believe Edward
      Petras of Holman. There was son Edward Joe who married Millie Kainer
      (passed away in 2005). Edward died in the 50's. Children were Jo Lynn
      and Dennis. George Charles married Hilda Borovec, and children were
      Carol, Daniel, and Thomas. There was another son they called Ike who
      was county judge.

      Felix Petrash with (H) lived at Hostyn and was married to Anne
      Haverda. Children were Judy, Rose, Evelyn and Anton.

      I knew the Donald Petrash from the obit posted for his father. They
      used to own the Buckhorn Inn which was pretty much accross the Hiway
      77 from Bucheks Dairy Queen in Schulenburg. Obit mentions that the
      father passed away in the Doctor's office. Do not remember this, but
      in that same period Charles Knesek died in Dr Watzavicks office. He
      was like 21 or 22.

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Rosemary Ermis" <rermis@...>
      wrote:

      > Is this the same Joseph who was living with son August in Austin
      County in the 1900 Census?

      > Rosemary Ermis

      Trojacek family
      > in Ennis, Texas:
      >
      > Father Joseph Petras was born in Stramberk, Moravia -
      Czechoslovakia, on
      > November 27, 1821. He married when he was 22 or 23 years old. For
      his
      > wife, he took Rozalie Bayer, also born in Stramberk, Moravia,
      January 6,
      > 1826. Born to them were eight children, six boys and two girls.
      One girl,
      > first born, died after birth and one boy also died as an infant.
      >
      > Does this tie in with anyone?
      >
      > Pat

      > Laugh, share and connect with Windows Live Messenger
      > http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0020000001msn/direct/01/?
      href=http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/default.aspx?locale=en-
      us&source=hmtagline

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic