33212Re: Fayette County Petrash's

  • carl_frietsch
    Jan 31, 2007
      Matt,

      Henry Petrash is my grandfather and Margaret Petrash is my aunt and
      Godmother. Henry's first wife, Johanna, died in 1919. They had 6
      children together (1 died as an infant). Henry then married Annie
      Sustr on 17 June 1919 in Hallettsville, TX. They had 5 children (2
      of which died as infants and the remaining three are still living --
      one is my mother). I am fairly new to this group. I have a .pdf
      file I can upload if someone can give me some direction on how to get
      it on the list (or I can email it to you direct). I hope this helps.

      Carl Frietsch

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Cross" <lennonluv@...>
      wrote:

      > While we are on the subject of the Petrash family in Fayette
      County, I have
      > one I am looking for:
      >
      > Henry Petrash married Johanna Hajek 25 Jan 1910 at Praha, TX.
      Johanna was
      > born 10 Mar 1890 and died 25 Mar 1919 in Lavaca County.
      >
      > The couple had at least 4 children: Mary, born 22 Jan 1912;
      Margaret, born 2
      > Jan 1913, died 15 Sep 2004, Houston; Edwin Anton, born 16 Jan 1916,
      died 18
      > Jun 1989, Tarrant County, TX (Fort Worth area); and John Joseph,
      born 23 Jun
      > 1917, died 15 May 1987, Harris County, TX. All children were born
      in
      > Moulton, Lavaca County.
      >
      > The obituary for Margaret Petrash Bohac suggests, however, that
      Henry and
      > Johanna may have had as many as 8 children, 5 sons and 3 daughters.
      Four of
      > the sons were deceased as of Sept. 2004, leaving one son and 2
      daughters
      > remaining in the family. One note the obit does not mention is
      whether Henry
      > Petrash Sr. remarried after Johanna's death; if he did remarry,
      then some of
      > these 8 children could be from a second marriage although the obit
      does not
      > make clear that any were half-siblings.
      >
      > Any help is appreciated.
      >
      > Matt Cross
      > lennonluv@...
      > "Madness is the first sign of dandruff." -- John Lennon

      > From predictions to trailers, check out the MSN Entertainment Guide
      to the
      > Academy Awards®
      > http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline1