31583Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Meeting in Gonzales

  • Nangotoo
    Aug 4, 2006
      Just to let you know if you don't know, Gonzales Co. has lots of info online for genealogy in their county.  They are one of the best counties I've ever seen (in any state) in the amount of online genealogy they have posted.  Be sure to ck out the files of the Gonzales Inquirer, too.  If you don't find what you are looking for online, write to them, send a little money and they are fantastic about helping when they can.  AND--if you don't find anything there, you might be able to find things in the Inquirer files in the archives. When we were there in 2002, there wasn't much in there yet, but they (the newspaper) have been adding to it as they digitize their past editions and their records.
      Start online before you go and find out what you can find.  Leave messages on their online message board, too. I believe it is a Rootsweb board.  The archives and county clerk people are so helpful there.  Good luck.

      I am looking for information on Fojtik's.
      I do need to plan a trip to Gonzales and see what I can find.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic