30411RE: [TexasCzechs] Family Tree program problem

  • Cindy Neal
    Apr 1, 2006
      Pat, make sure he is actually selecting FILE and EXIT, and not just turning
      off the power to his computer. I know that sounds odd, but some people
      don't understand that the backup isn't created until you close the program.
      He would be getting a message when he starts it the next time that it was
      not shut down properly, and is restoring from the backup, so he'd go back to
      the saved version before he made changes.

      I understand how frustrating it can be. I lost my hard drive 2 weeks ago,
      and my last FTM backup was 2 months old :o(

      Cindy