29687Re: "History of Emigration To Texas" by CATV

  • Lolly
    Feb 2, 2006
      Folks, I've had several responses to the possibility of obtaining
      a video tape of the "History of Emigration to Texas" program
      from you. I'll have to get back to you about this. I hope I
      haven't painted myself into a corner. :-)

      A major issue which needs to be addressed is compliance with
      copyright laws. If those broadcasts are copyrighted, permission
      would have to be obtained before they can be reproduced.

      I have written to Mr. Jiri Unruh, as suggested by Mr. Honner.
      I will let you know what develops.

      Thanks to all of you who responded.

      Lolly Petter Pilgrim
      Dear Mr. Unruh,

      I recently contacted Mr. John Honner (see copy below
      followed by his response) about the possibility of obtaining
      a video of the serial, "History Of Emigration to Texas "",
      Parts 1- 7. As you can see by my description below, I
      am particularly interested in this series because my family is
      represented in the photo in Part 1. Several other fellow
      Texas Czechs have expressed a desire to obtain a video tape
      of this program also.

      According to Mr. Honner, a video tape can be made if
      there are at least ten requests for such. Can you quote a
      price (per tape), plus shipping and handling, and a delivery
      time frame? Also, to whom should such a request be

      If you cannot supply video tapes, is the material copyrighted?
      If it is not copyrighted, may we have permission to reproduce
      it ourselves?

      Thank you,

      Laura Petter Pilgrim