29665Re: [TexasCzechs] German/Czech Interaction WWII era

  • Jennifer Moore
    Feb 1, 2006
      I'm really sorry I shared my grandmother's story. I did not mean to get
      everyone so riled up. I have both German and Czech heritage, Polish too
      for that matter. I simply thought it was interesting.

      The land in question, and for that matter most land in Europe, changed
      rulers, countries so many times. I have a relative who was drafted to
      serve in the Austrian army, even though he was Czech. You can't change the
      past. To me, it's all just interesting. It's important to know, because if
      you don't know history you're doomed to repeat it.

      I like the fact this group is so sharing. I have been able to learn so
      much by what people have shared, not just about my particular ancestors
      but about everyone's ancestors. It's interesting.

      Jennifer

      > But, whose land was it prior to the invasion by the Roman Empire led by
      > Germania?
      >
      > George

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic