      Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 8:55 AM
      Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] German/Czech Interaction WWII era

      Actually it was Germanic and Celtic lands prior to the Slavs arriving in the 6th century
      I also remember hearing stories of the Nazis rounding up the Gypsies in Bohemia and sending them to the gas chambers.
      As far as the German, Bohemian,Czech Moravian and Polish languages, they are somewhat similar and I remember church feasts where each person was speaking their language and they were able to communicate. I think Texas was the first United Nations   lois petter pereira

      livanec@... wrote:
      Sorry! I have no sympathy for germans who were displaced. Considering what the german people did to the Czech people during occupancy of Czechoslovakia prior to and during WW2. (remember Lidice) You use the term Sudentenland to infer this was german territory.

      Lois Petter Pereira

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.