29653Re: [TexasCzechs] Russian Czech Interaction and the world in general

  • Lois Petter Pereira
    Feb 1, 2006
       It all seems to just go around in a circle. When the Russians invaded modern Czechoslovakia they mandated who worked in what field. My family there were told what they would now do. They needed miners so they took a glassmaker and put him in the mines. He suffered a terrible mine accident and was paralyzed from the waist down. He was released from mine duty but he could no longer go back to his love, glassmaking since he had no use of his legs.  Actually, it reminds me of all the wars from the beginning of time. Someone always has a bigger stick and wants to use it. All this land was owned by a previous people and i wish we could step back, take a deep breath and try to better the relations between each other but deep in my heart i know that won't happen. At least we are a close knit group and we all have different heritages in our background and we seem to have found the secret...love each one of you..........lois petter pereira

      > During World War II, Czech military evacuated all German citizens from
      > Czechoslovakia and put them into work camps. Their homes and all their
      > possessions were taken from them. Englebert Adam III, put in a work camp
      > in Ostrau - a town just outside of Jaegerndorf. There he did forced labor
      > for the Russian and Czech military. His wife, daughter and rest of his
      > family were put into other work camps throughout Jaegerndorf area.

      Lois Petter Pereira