28454Re: [TexasCzechs] Please translate!

  • Dolores Miller
    Oct 28 6:03 PM
      Dear Mashek,

      I can translate the first two words: Pekny den means "beautiful day"  and the last word zdravi means health.  It is used in toast as "na zdravi"  Sorry that is all I remember.  I have a Czech to English dictionary that dates back to 1891,  I dug it out some time ago and didn't put it back where it belonged so I'' ll have to wait until I find it.

      Dolores Miller<texassanta5@...

      mashek13 <mdavis@...> wrote:
      I filled out a Czech Heritage Research questionaire for a college
      student, and after sending it in the student sent back this:

      "Pekny den preje a z Waca zdravi"

      I would like to know what it means.  I think it means something about
      enjoying living in Waco, but I could be completely wrong.

      Thanks in advance to my "Bohunk" friends online!

      Margie Mashek Davis
      margie.davis@...