      From: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com [mailto:TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John L. Mikeska
      Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 12:46 PM
      To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [TexasCzechs] Sir John

      Hi Group,

      Sir John rode out the storm o k, but loss of power was inconvenient.  Then loss of water was another thing.  Then, no sewer.  THAT DID IT!  Well, loss of natural gas due to broken meters, etc didn't help either.  Left Beaumont Sat about 10:30 AM and got to Fort Worth about midnight and staying with sister at present time.  Wife was admitted to hospital Sunday week ago, very weak and transfusion o k given hospital last night.  Will appreciate prayers for Helen, my wife of over 50 years . (We married when 7 years old, before some of you start figuring how old Mrs. Mikeska is!<G>) She needs all the prayers to get well, plus staying with Sir John that long - she has to be a tough person.  <G>  Doc said wife will be in hospital for minimum of 4 more weeks, so I will be on now and then.

      Due to shortage of gasoline and no electricity up to about Huntsville, TX (and what stations saw fueling cars, had line several blocks lone!), old Sir John drive 50 MPH with no a/c from Beaumont to Fort Worth to save fuel!  Got within mile of Sis house and low fuel light came on. <G>

      Suffered little damage to house when electric lines pulled from roof when tree limbs fell.  Other than that, yard clean up will about fix things.  Son came over with his pickup and pulled neigh- bors tree that fell across my driveway so I could get my car out of the garage.  Had to zig-zag way to I-10 because of fallen trees. Once got on I-10, made it o k.  Highway patrol blocking exists off I-10 preventing re-entrance to Beaumont.  People permitted to re-enter Bm't now to check damage and if want to stay at their homes, curfew 7 PM to 7 AM and must boil water, if on at residences.  Me, I have elecrtric stove, so can't boil water!

      Sir John

      Sir John, Earl of Berkshire