28052Newspaper source for West, TX circa 1917

  • Richard Martin
    Sep 29, 2005
      I am wondering where I might be able to find something written in a
      newspaper about the death of a great Uncle of mine, William Joe Bacak, (b.
      22 May 1895 in Mart, TX; d. 18 Jul 1917, West, TX). I am sure it would have
      made the newspaper, since he was struck by lightning picking cotton in a
      field at the time.

      (I live in Baton Rouge, and cannot do local Texas research myself.)

      Thank you in advance to anyone who might be able to steer me in the right
      direction.

      Sincerely,
      Richard
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic