2487RE: [TexasCzechs] Valla, Marek, Koller,Till, Stahl, Rollins,

  • Melinda Sims
    Nov 3, 2000
      Gilbert, Julie, and Gary:

      There is a big push right now to get all of the old cemeteries documented.
      This is a necessary thing since so many are disappearing. We are losing our
      history. In addition, Dubina has a historical marker, but the cemetery
      could possibly have one in its own right. There is another list where
      cemetery documentation and preservation is a major topic. I will have to
      try and contact Judge Janecka to find out if Dubina has been evaluated and
      documented. I don't know how everyone else on the list feels, but it is
      obvious that all aspects of Dubina are important to our culture and our
      history. It is amazing how many people across the state have ties back to
      Dubina and the surrounding area. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have an online
      database on the Dubina cemetery that we could all access?

      Thanks again for your help!

      Melinda Sims
      Svetlik, Otto, Peter, Benes