2484RE: [TexasCzechs] Valla, Marek, Koller,Till, Stahl, Rollins,

  • Melinda Sims
    Nov 3, 2000

      Gary,

      Thanks for the offer, but I know the location of my great-grandparents grave.  I was mainly curious.  The Otto’s that you mentioned are my Otto’s.  I try to visit Dubina every so often.  I was there a couple of weeks ago and put flowers on their grave.  I was just curious to see which graves were possibly unmarked.  I know Nancy Sugarek and Sara Barton are looking for a missing grave.  Perhaps, the one they are looking for is also unmarked.  In addition, I was curious to see if the Dubina cemetery has been documented.

      Thanks again,

      Melinda Sims

      Svetlik, Otto, Peter, Benes

              Re: [TexasCzechs] Valla, Marek, Koller,Till, Stahl, Rollins,
      Auto forwarded by a Rule

      Melinda

            We first visited the Dubina cem. about 1996. When you stand in front and face the cemetery, it would be all the way back on the right hand side next to the fence. There were several graves under the trees. We were there this summer for a Rabel reunion. We stopped and went back to pay our respects. But the head stone was gone and the under brush was very thick. We are planning a trip down there to cut away the brush and see if it is there covered up. I do not know who to contact. I do have some new found relatives there that may be able to help you find a keeper. I have a book titled  "Old Bohemian Tombstones" by Robert Janak. It was compiled in 1974. Pavel Valla is not listed in it. Who are you looking for? I will see what he has listed. There are 2 Otto's and 14 Peter's listed.

      Gary Rabel

      Dallas, Texas.