24533Early Citizenship Records

  • J.D. Kotrla-Chipps
    Nov 30, 2004
      I just "re-discovered" a pamphlet I have, called "The Czech Texans".
      It's part of a series that UT put out in 1972, dealing with the
      different ethnic groups that make up Texas. I don't know if it's still
      available, but I highly recommend it anyone interested in Czech history
      here in Texas.

      One of the things it brings out is a settler named Anthony Michael
      Dignowity, who immigrated in Oct 1832, to New York, then on to San
      Antonio, via Mississippi.

      Anyone have an earlier czech immigration to Texas? I was just wondering
      who the first one was.

      It goes on to talk about many other early settlers, the early
      settlements, and townships, newspapers, and organizations, and many old
      photos.

      Title: The Texians and the Texans, THE CZECH TEXANS
      The University of Texas Institute of Texas Cultures

      JD

      --

      http://woptura.com/buffalo.html
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic