      From: D1JEZEK@...
      To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 10:38 PM
      Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] Czech Dumplings

      thats another theory that could explain the lack of dumplings in some of our
      families. maybe some people just didn't like them and as soon as they
      didn't have to make or eat them any more they stopped. to tie that in with
      the earlier statement i made about romanticizing some traditions that maybe
      previous generations didn't see in the same way, i have this funny memory of
      being in the grocery store with my parents: "look," my mom says to my dad
      "Maypo, remember that? i havent seen that in a long time." and they
      proceed to get all misty about something that i guess is like cream of
      wheat. finally my dad starts to grab a box and put it in the cart. "no,"
      says mom, "that stuff was disgusting. i always hated it."

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      To visit your group on the web, go to: