23903Re: [TexasCzechs] My trip to Czech Republic

  • John L. Mikeska
    Oct 12, 2004

      I'm a silent member of this group since my roots are in Cleveland, OH and not TX.

      Anyway, I am thoroughly enjoying your journal.  Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and observations with us!

      Bob Klepac
      San Antonio, TX

      Bob,

      I enjoyed Judys storys of her trip, and hope there may be more.  But, your comment of your roots not being from Texas may have prevented you from messaging more often.  Far be it that you must have your roots from :Texas to belong and participate in this group.  You don't even have to be a Czech, just have interest in Czechs is enough!

      I've made a comment time or two in the past couple years that our TexasCzech title may have people thinking they must be from Texas to belong to this group.  However, we have member from many of the states between the two oceans, Canada, and Europe.  So my thoughts evidently wasn't holding true.

      When I was growing up (L O N G  Time ago! <g>) I thought my fathers family of Mikeska's from Eola were the only Mikeska's in the world!  Have I found that thought wrong!  Just this year, I've learned of two more Mikeska groups[s that descend from a Mikeska boy back in the 1700's.  Figured if we ever tried to have a reunion of all the Mikeska Clan in Texas, would be couple years before we could hold it as understand takes that long to reserve the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston,  or might reserve the Kyle Stadium at A & M! <g>

      Sir John, Earl of Berkshire