20717Re: [TexasCzechs] White Wine--Need Translation

  • Frances Barton
    Nov 4, 2003
      Susan, I can send the translation to you this evening. I have it at home. Frances

      Susan Rektorik Henley wrote:
      Okay, my friend in the CR found the words in Czech to the Moravian folk song, White Wine. I am sharing them here. Will someone please translate them? I am trying but it will take me forever.

      Dekuju,

      Susan

      Vinecko bile
      ------------
      (written by Fanos Mikulecky)

      C   G7    C         F     C
      Vinecko bile, si od mej mile,
          C            F       G7   C   G7    C
      |: budu ta pit, co budu zit, vínecko bile. :|

      Vínecko rude, si od tej druhe,
      |: budu ta pit, co budu zit, vínecko rude. :|

      Vinecka obe, frajarky moje,
      |: budu vas pit, co budu zit, vinecka obe. :|

      If you wish to hear the melody as well, go to:
      http://web.redbox.cz/leco/texty/vineckobile.html