19928Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: info (Jalufka)

  • Joe Garrison
    Sep 1, 2003

      Hi Joshua,

      I am a Jalufka. I have found my family all the way back to Mnisi, Moravia.

      I will get all my info together and see if I can help you.

      Myrna (Jalufka)

      Thank you,
      Myrna (Jalufka) Garrison
      Researching: Jaluvka, Olsovsky, Stavinoha, Atkinson, Holland, Taylor, Powhatten, Hamilton

      >From: "Laura Petter Pilgrim"
      >To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [TexasCzechs] Re: info (Jalufka)
      >Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 17:08:15 -0000
      > "Joshue J." wrote:
      > > Hello all my last name is Jalufka and i am looking for history on
      > > the "Jalufka" name
      >Hi Joshue, If you will type JALUFKA in the search window on the
      >TexasCzechs homepage at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/texasczechs/
      >you will find a number of messages discussing the surname, including
      >one of your own earlier requests and one of my messages, plus photos
      >of the Jalufka House in Corpus Christi in the Photos section submitted
      >by Susan Rektorik Henley. Several of our TexasCzech members have
      >Jalufka connections.
      >My own connection is through marriage of a paternal uncle (deceased),
      >Otto Petter, who married Virginia Mae Jalufka, daughter of Julius
      >George Jalufka and Mary Ann Pustjovsky. Julius George Jalufka was
      >the son of Ignac E. Jalufka and Agnes Holub. I believe Ignac and
      >Agnes Julufka are ancestors in Susan R. Henleys family tree also.
      >Ignac Jalufka and Jakob Holub (who was the great grandfather of my
      >aunt Virgina's grandmother, Agnes Holub Jalufka) came to Lavaca Co.,
      >TX from Moravia, Empire of Austria (now C.R.) in 1874. There is a
      >short writeup about the old Moravia General store in Moravia, TX at:
      >http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/texasczech/ The store was origianlly
      >built by Ignac Jalufka. It was also a saloon and a post office, and
      >Mr. Jalufka was the Postmaster until he died in 1920.
      >For additional links you might also go to http://www.Google.com and
      >type "JALUFKA +genealogy" or "JALUFKA +history" into the search
      >window, if you haven't already. And of course there are many other
      >genealogical research websites on the internet, such as the LDS,
      >Cyndi's, Ancestry.com, Roots Web, etc. Try them all. Good luck!
      >Lolly Pilgrim
      >Houston, TX

      MSN 8: Get 6 months for $9.95/month.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic