      From: Ray J. Bacak [mailto:rjbacak@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 8:15 AM
      To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [TexasCzechs] OBIT and note: Louis F. Wick

      Note to Texas Czechs:  Mr. Wick and his daughter, Darlene Knezek, were murdered in his home in the Sweet Home area south of Hallettsville this past weekend.  Young couple have been arrested in North Texas.   Ray

      Victoria Advocate Online, 4/1/03:

      Louis F. Wick

      E-mail Story to a Friend

      Printer Friendly

      April 1, 2003

      View/Sign Guest Book

      SWEET HOME - Louis F. Wick, 85, of Sweet Home, died Sunday, March 30, 2003.

      He was born Nov. 1, 1917, in Ezzell, to the late Frank S. and Agnes Matula Wick. He was a farmer and rancher. He was a school bus driver for Sweet Home and a member of Queen of Peace Catholic Church. He was a member of the KJT, Catholic Life, Knights of Columbus Council 2433 the Serra Club and of the American Legion Post in Sweet Home. He was a veteran of World War II and received the Combat Infantryman's Badge, American Defense Service Medal and the Europe/Africa/Middle East Campaign Medal with five bronze battle stars.

      Survivors: daughters, Gerardette Haas of Hallettsville, Mariette Matthews of Buda and Katherine Martin of Houston; sons, Terrence Wick of Hallettsville and Lawrence Wick of Victoria; 18 grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.

      Preceded in death by: daughters, Darlene M. Knezek, Denise Marie Wick and Shirleen Bela; parents; sisters, Frances Marie Honish and Emilie Agnes Honish; brother, Anton J. Wick; and great-grandchild, Harley Angel Rose.

      Visitation will begin noon today at Kubena Funeral Home chapel.

      A wake service will be 7 p.m. tonight at Queen of Peace Catholic Church in Sweet Home.

      Services will be 10 a.m. Wednesday at the church, the Rev. Charles Sonnier officiating.

      Burial will be at Koerth Catholic Cemetery. Kubena Funeral Home, Hallettsville, 361-798-3271.

      Memorials: Queen of Peace Church, Victoria Diocese Retire Priest Fund or Seminarians Burse General Fund.

      Create a Living Tribute to