17822CGSI Conference at the Omni Houston Hotel Westside, October 15-18

  • jesenwei@mdanderson.org
    Feb 28, 2003
      I have been asked to help get the word out about the 9th Genealogical and
      Cultural Conference of the Czechoslovak Genealogical Society International
      (CGSI), to be held at the Omni Houston Hotel Westside in Houston on October
      15-18, 2003.

      Some of the speakers for our October Conference are; Karel Kysilka,
      Commercial Attache with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Berlin; Mirek
      Koudelka, Professional genealogist from Olomouc; Martin Pytr, Professional
      genealogist from Morkov, Czech Republic; and Daniel Necas, formerly of
      Prague, now Assistant Curator at the Immigration History Research Center at
      the University of Minnesota.

      Texas native speakers include, Marje Harris, Leo Baca, Doug Kubicek, Dr.
      Gary Kocurek, Dr. Clinton Machann (Keynote Speaker), Larry Laznovsky, Kathy
      Horak-Smith, and Susan Rektorik-Henley. (smile, Susan)

      Presentations will cover Beginning Genealogy, Czech and Slovak Immigration
      History, Czech and Slovak Music, Folk Art and History, Religions, History
      of Sokol, Czech Passenger Arrivals, and Travel.

      If you know of an organization that might be interested in helping to get
      the word out, or displaying flyers about the Conference, or people or
      organizations that might be interested in donating one or more door prizes,
      please contact me by e-mail: jesenwei@.... Further information
      on the conference can be obtained by visiting the CGSI Web Site at:

      I have been lurking on this list for a while. My roots are in Fayetteville,
      direct ancestors Piwetz, Jasek, Marek, Martis

      Best wishes, Babi Jana