17248Re: [TexasCzechs] Digest Number 1242

  • John L. Mikeska
    Jan 1, 2003
      Billy,

       Haven't seen anyone from the Wharton area (that I know of) reply to your message.  Did you join by sending the dues to the CHS chapter in El Campo?  Their contact is:

      John Drozd, President
      RR1, Box 250-B
      El Campo, TX 77437-9411
      (979) 543-4073

      Possible you sent the membership direct to the CHS treasurer to Rita Vanek in El Campo.  Either way, I belive you are a member!   Hate to say this but same thing happened to me in 1999 and I finally made a long distance call to confirm my membership fee and registration for the genealogy meeting in Temple arrived.  I sure didn't want to drive couple hundred miles and find I was not registered and maybe could not be admitted. <G>  We do not have a chapter in Beaumont, TX and I therefore belong to the At Large group.

      Cesky Hlas, CHS newspaper, is printed quarterly.  Last prating was send in early November and next issue is due to be mailed this month.  The November issue may have been mailed before you joined.

      I'm just another member and help on the eGroup list.  I know how your minds begins to wonder as you have said.   Nope, there is no membership card I am aware of, but you are appreciated as a CHS member regardless.  <G>

      Sent: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 5:53 PM
      Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] Digest Number 1242

      Group:

      A couple months ago I sent in my dues to become a new member of the Wharton County Chapter.  I am in the process of sending in my 2003 dues but before I do I want to make sure I am sending them to the right place.  I got the address of the Czech Heritage Society web page.
      The reason I ask is that I never received any acknowledgement of my membership.  Is this normal?  What can I expect when I join?  I thought maybe a newletter, invites to meetings or something.

      Thanks,
      Billy