Skip to search.

16269Re: [TexasCzechs] Czech Festival

  • Anita Berka
    Oct 3, 2002
      Millie's right, the closest Czech festivals to RR at this time are those
      in Caldwell and West. When I was growing up in soutn Austin, RR and
      Pflugerville were both separate dinky little towns. Both areas have
      boomed with expansion, population and new housing and developments, and
      there are other Czechs here besides myself and Millie. The folks who own
      the Old Prague Market in Pflugerville come to mind, but Pflugerville is a
      predominantly German settlement and they have their Duetchen (sp?) Fest
      each year like Caldwell has the Kolache Festival.

      Millie, maybe you and I should start something (Czech) in Round Rock?

      Anita Berka
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic