      Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 12:54 AM
      Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] Sir John

      Sure looks like it.  We are going to get some wind regardless if it is the main brunt or not.  My nurse daughter was called to the nursing home she works at in Port Arthur, TX three hours ago - they are evacuating the patients north to Nacogdoches, TX hospital.  Ambulances sent from Dallas for transfer.  The nursing home here in Beaumont is not evacuating yet, and probably won't since Beaumont elevation is 25'.  My son is bringing his enclosed race car trailer to the driveway tomorrow morning in case we have the expected electric power failure from downed tree limbs, etc.  He has a large generator in it that will keep our two refrigerators operating.
      Sir John