14538Re: [TexasCzechs] SPJST Library & Museum Photos

  • Nangotoo@aol.com
    Jul 10, 2002

      >>I learned 3 or 4 years ago, through my double cousin, that we were kin to a King of England, George I think (One that beheaded his wives :-(  ) by marriage<<

      John,  I think it was King Henry VIII who beheaded his wives for various inflated reasons (like not providing him an heir).  There were several King George's, too, but I don't know if they killed their mates.  If I remember my history, one of the Georges was a really weak, rather insane man, but of course, you couldn't be descended from that one, right?  :-)    Nan
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic