14435Re: [TexasCzechs] SPJST Library & Museum Photos

  • John L. Mikeska
    Jul 2, 2002
      Jan,

      I learned 3 or 4 years ago, through my double cousin, that we were kin to a King of England, George I think (One that beheaded his wives :-(  ) by marriage.  I was the editor of the local computer monthly newsletter at the time and I wrote up articles how to install program, delete files, etc.  I made comment the computer club now had royalty among the members and advised what I had found out.  I signed the article Sir John, Earl of Berkshire, being King John was a little too much.  I live on Berkshire Lane, which is English sounding, don'cha think?  Well, I tried dripping the Sir John bit but the computer club members wouldn't have any part of it <G>  It has stuck with me.....

      My cousin took a title for herself, while her husband just says he is 'Keeper of the Moat'.  They are the couple in the photo taken at the Mozart Cafe, Vienna, Austria and in the March 02 Cesky Hlas.

      Sir John
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic