Re: stepper control

  • everglades_mike
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8, 2003
      Yes, I am building a CNC machine and would like to control the x-y
      position as well as cut depth from a parallel port. I view that kit
      as a cheap way of getting introduced to stepper control and would
      allow me to upgrade later without much of a financial penalty if I
      discard it.
      Thanks
      Mike

      --- In TeslaTurbine@yahoogroups.com, "nailzer" <nailzer@y...> wrote:
      > --- In TeslaTurbine@yahoogroups.com, "everglades_mike" <guru@c...>
      > wrote:
      > > I want to control two stepper motors 5.4 volt 2 amp.
      > > Does anyone have experience with this kit: CK 1401 from
      > > Carl's Electronics? It includes software.
      > >
      > > http://www.electronickits.com/kit/complete/motor/ck1401.htm
      > >
      > > I realize this is an elementary question but I'm an entry level
      > user.
      > > Thanks
      > > Michael
      >
      > What will you be controlling? I assume your setting up a CNC
      machine?