Thanks for having open mind.

  • Boyd cantrell
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 1999
      From Boyd Cantrell
      9-24-99
      To Paul Eitson,

      Thanks Paul for the nice letter. No I don't have a working model. I am
      not able to build it so I'm trying to interest others in it. Most people
      will not even consider that it is possible to convert ambient temperature
      heat energy into mechanical energy even though the little drinking bird
      does it right before their eyes.

      Your assessment is correct on the two different working fluids.

      You mentioned boiling water at a lower temperature by lowering the
      pressure. My physics books tell a little about that but not enough. I
      have a list of refrigerants (from the ASHRAE fundamentals handbook) at
      their different pressures so that all condensing and evaporating
      temperatures will be the same. Then it shows the COPs, but it don't show
      water. I wish it did. I suspect that water would have a poor COP. To me
      that means it would have a good efficiency in a heat engine. but I have no
      way to prove it. Do you have any ideas?

      I can send you a list of COPs if you ever want to take a look.

      Thanks again,
      Boyd