Exhausted

  • Mike Passerotti
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2002
      Speeking of improvements...

      I see Tesla's disc pack with all exhaust ports lined up on the shaft axis.
      Has anyone tried setting up the exhaust holes to account for the internal
      fluid flow? What comes to mind is the center discs having 0 deg. on exhaust
      hole, then the next outer discs with about 5 deg. rotation from the center
      discs, and so on creating a spiral. My theory would be to reduce turbulance
      at the exhaust ports which reduces back pressure which results in higher
      velocity fluid flow all the way through the disc pack.

      The closest I've seen to this is 3 spokes on the discs where the spokes are
      cambered slightly to help with flow toward the exhaust.

      Mike Passerotti