Flywheel

  • Mike Passerotti
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2002
      I've noted that there is much energy in the amount of mass spinning in a TT.
      The larger the disk pack, the more energy stored. I read an article on
      flywheel stored energy. Got me thinking - higher rpm, higher velocity fluid
      stream, magnetic bearings, composite materials able to handle steam - pretty
      good combination.

      Surely, some of you noticed how long it takes to spin down a TT. Thats a
      lot of energy return thats usable and should be put into the equation of
      energy return when considering efficiencies (especially if you take into
      account the energy expense of spinning up the rotar).

      Anyone else putting the flywheel notion to TT? I don't recall anyone
      touting high rpms typical in flywheels.

      Mike Passerotti
    • Mike Passerotti
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2002
        Turbine and flywheel combination:
        http://www.activepower.com/news_events/pressreleases/high_inertia.html

        I wonder if they'd be interested in TT?

        Mike Passerotti
      • Barry Turner
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 2002
          I couldn't agree more Turbine and Flywheel all in one, nice :O)

          Active power were mentioned as well as Tesla in this article:

          Regards

          Barry

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 5, 2002
              Welcome Chuck!

              Here is my list of links:
              http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/gmpr/ptbctoc.htm
              http://www.frank.germano.com/tesla_technology.htm
              http://www.execpc.com/~teba/main.html

              Steam info:
              http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/

              Supersonic micro jets:
              http://www.fmrl.fsu.edu/research/koustubh/koustubh/supersonic.htm

              Supersonic nozzel pattent:
              http://www.delphion.com/details?pn=US05782414__

              Book about Tesla:
              http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D1883319919/sciencehobbyist/104-3793
              943-1634311

              Info on Tesla:
              http://www.amasci.com/tesla/tesla.html#keel
              http://www.teslascience.org/

              Mike Passerotti

              Where does one learn about the tesla turbine an how to build it?