RE: [TeslaTurbine] Digest Number 227

  • Mike Passerotti
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1 7:38 AM
      Thanks all!

      My friend with the lathe helped me turn a shaft with Corian. What a
      difference a lathe makes! Everything is so smooth now. I'm not going to
      rivet the disks, but I am going to super glue washers near the perimeter.
      I'll cut the washers out of CDs. Thanks for the tips on cutting holes in
      stacks of CDs. I have to cut the exhaust ports. I'm likely to try laser
      cutting at a local store, in the future, when I have cash. Until then, I'll
      use a CAD drawn paper template and a plate for bit control. I have many
      friends who can't wait for this TT to be running. They all pretty much have
      a wait and see attitude.

      Eventually I'll have to calculate work in and work out (P.E. in and K.E.
      out). Has anyone used an electric motor from radio control race cars as a
      generator? I figure on TT - geared down - drive electric generator -
      current to light bulbs in parallel. Can control load by how many light
      bulbs in parallel, then find a load where the TT can maximize power output
      without slowing too much.

      Anyone have the formula for the amount of stored energy (P.E.) in compressed
      air?

      Has anyone created a disk setup on the TT that is the generator? Tesla
      invented a flat disk generator having the magnets at the edge of the disk.
      I believe he had in mind useing the TT make electricity directly saving
      energy on gear reductions to drive a generator. I couldn't find any reading
      material on the use of his flat disk generator. He has a patent though.

      Mike Passerotti