group question

  • adiutores@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2001
      Hi! I am enjoying the group discussion and the information on this
      site very much. I have a general question to ask of the group about
      metals. If I understand correctly one of the principle difficulties
      encoutered is the discs warping at high temperatures? If that is
      correct, have any of the members, or does anyone no of someone who
      has tested titanium alloy or tantalum or niobium (although there
      might be magnetic difficulties) or Haynes 188?

      Just curious,

      thanks,

      Marshall Parks
    • Mike Passerotti
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 13, 2001
        RE: [TeslaTurbine] group question

        There was a guy on the list who almost had me sold on buying ti disks and shaft.  But the cash flow wasn't there yet.  So I hope he's still there to answer your questions.

        Mike Passerotti - Software Engineer
        MedPlus Web Development Team
        8805 Governor's Hill Drive, Suite 100
        Cincinnati, OH 45249
        (513) 697-3200 xt 350
        (513) 583-8885 Fax
        mpasserotti@...

        Hi! I am enjoying the group discussion and the information on this
        site very much. I have a general question to ask of the group about
        metals. If I understand correctly one of the principle difficulties
        encoutered is the discs warping at high temperatures? If that is
        correct, have any of the members, or does anyone no of someone who
        has tested titanium alloy or tantalum or niobium (although there
        might be magnetic difficulties) or Haynes 188?

        Just curious,

        thanks,

        Marshall Parks

        Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95