RE: [TeslaTurbine] Fw: If only, and US Pride Day

  • Mike Passerotti
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 13, 2001
      An the writer forgot:

      If only Hitler had not set out to genocide Jews in every nation.

      If only Jews could have returned to their illegally confiscated land in Russia, Eastern Block Nations, France, Italy,etc.  Truely they were branded outcasts in their own homes because of their 2000 year old, long forgotten, destroyed nation, Israel.

      If only Jews had a fair trial like nazi war criminals.

      If only Jews and Arabs would open their hearts, they would realize they are wearing each others' shoes, walking the same mile together.

      Lets not write a narrow, one sided view of history.

      The "what if" game is difficult to face.  But even more difficult is the question:

          Where do we go from here?

      To bring it back to Tesla subject matter:  If only Tesla wasn't ridiculed by other scientist for holding to the 'ether' theory.  If only Ford had bought Tesla Turbines with one moving part and got 200k miles on the first engine without maintenance.

      The answer for Tesla would be to continue developing the most awesome prime mover until everyone had one in their car/truck/airplane/boat/motorcycle/lawnmower/moped/and the list goes on.

      The answer for us would be to try again for peace, and to keep trying until we get it right.  Never give up the good fight for peace.

      Mike Passerotti

      From: MJSuttonL1@... <MJSuttonL1@...>
      Date: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 10:23 PM
      Subject: If only, and US Pride Day

      If Only…

      If only the Christian Church had not demonized "The Jews" as "Christ Killers"
      through the centuries.

      If only the Jews had not felt therefore the need for a place where they would
      be in charge, secure in their own land, even at the expense of displacing
      another people who had been there for two thousand years.

      If only the Muslims who controlled the Holy Land in the Middle Ages had
      respected Christians and Jews, as Muhammad had done, as "People of the Book",
      and had allowed pilgrims free access to the pilgrimage sites.

      If only the Crusades had thus been rendered unnecessary, with their legacy of
      hatred and mistrust between Muslims and Christians

      If only the Europeans not been so eager to break up the Ottoman Empire that
      the country between Dan and Beersheba, the Jordan and the Mediterranean Sea
      was promised to both the Arabs already living there and, in part, to the Jews
      seeking security in a homeland of their own.

      If only the Balfour Declaration had been observed in both its parts,
      including "it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may
      prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities
      in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by the Jews in any
      other country."

      If only, after Desert Storm, the US had respected the strong Saudi Arabian
      sentiment against the presence of non-Muslims in the country of Mecca and
      Medina, Islamic holy sites.

      If only the spirit of the Oslo Declaration of Principles had carried through
      into true implementation of those principles, instead of being used as a
      mechanism to stall for time while the Israeli foothold in the West Bank and
      Gaza could be doubled.

      If only the United States had respected the strong sentiment throughout the
      Muslim world against the Dome of the Rock, third only to Mecca and Medina,
      being in any but Muslim hands, and had so informed Israel in a firm manner.

      If only the United States had paid more attention to the perception
      throughout the Muslim and Arab Worlds, that it was biased toward Israel and
      was enabling Israel, through its financial and military support as well as
      through its use of the veto at the United Nations, in its illegal actions in
      the territories captured in 1967, from which Israel had been called upon by
      the United Nations to withdraw.

      If only successive US Presidents had not let fear of not being reelected sway
      them into these acts of unquestioning unwise support for Israel, no matter
      what it did.

      Then Ossama Bin Laden, or whoever it was that did it, would have had no
      reason to become so angry with the United States that thousands of innocent
      US civilians died in New York and Washington on September 11, 2001.

      For these reasons, particularly in memory of those who died, and in support
      of their survivors, I am forwarding this e-mail I just received:

      "Tomorrow is U.S. Pride Day.  Everyone wear U.S. colors.  Try to be wearing
      as much red white and blue as you can.  Send this message to as many other
      people as you know.  Let's get the whole country into it.  At least send it
      to 10 other people.

      They are asking people to drive with their headlights ON in a show of
      solidarity and in remembrance of those who lost their lives ..... please
      pass the word along.

      Thanks to all."

      Peace, Shalom, Salaam, Marilyn...

    • Mark Beyer
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 14, 2001
        The only thing a zealot needs is a cause. There will
        always be zealots breeding causes. The muslim religion
        is honorable and ethical in nature as practiced by
        Muhammad. The same can be said for the practice of
        Chrisitanity and of the Jewish religion. It is the
        zealot who refuses to read the entire scripture,
        picking and choosing select scriptures to build
        fragmented support for his fragmented beleif. Pick a
        religious cause, either foreign or domestic, zealous
        and extreme in nature and they cannot be swayed
        because they will always view the same religious texts
        differently than you. In our country we have
        separationists, segragationists, eco warriors, and
        anti abortionists. Mixed into these extreme fringe
        groups are many flat out anti government nuts like
        McVeigh. The zealots of these groups are as abhorent
        as Bin Laden, willing to kill and maim anyone to make
        a statement. These individuals feel they are military
        in a sense waging a guerilla war on the suppressing
        nation. If they are military in nature then they would
        wage war openly. They would understand the honor and
        ethics of the combat/military mind. Without this
        understanding, unwilling to stand up, and be
        recognized as a legitimate fighting force, they lose
        the protection and respect given to such a force. They
        are only common criminals and thugs. Only on
        protection and support from an organized government,
        country, or nation can they claim legal protection and
        justifiable recognition for their cause. Once that
        occurs the host nation becomes a target for
        retaliation such as we now plan. If they do not then
        the resident nation must turn them over. Refusal to
        turn them over would be interpreted as protection and
        support. This is where we are at now. Bin Laden is
        known to be in a specific country. Refusing to turn
        him and his generals over releases the dogs of war.
        Why do I feel the group or nation harboring him wants
        this to happen
        Mark

        === message truncated ===