Fw: If only, and US Pride Day

  • Kent L. Aldershof
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 13, 2001
      Friends,

      This has little to do with Tesla or science, but it is a very well-informed and thoughtful message composed by a dear friend of mine.  It is well worth your reading and your thought.

      May you all achieve peace in this time of horror and turmoil.

      Kent

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 13, 2001
        An the writer forgot:

        If only Hitler had not set out to genocide Jews in every nation.

        If only Jews could have returned to their illegally confiscated land in Russia, Eastern Block Nations, France, Italy,etc.  Truely they were branded outcasts in their own homes because of their 2000 year old, long forgotten, destroyed nation, Israel.

        If only Jews had a fair trial like nazi war criminals.

        If only Jews and Arabs would open their hearts, they would realize they are wearing each others' shoes, walking the same mile together.

        Lets not write a narrow, one sided view of history.

        The "what if" game is difficult to face.  But even more difficult is the question:

            Where do we go from here?

        To bring it back to Tesla subject matter:  If only Tesla wasn't ridiculed by other scientist for holding to the 'ether' theory.  If only Ford had bought Tesla Turbines with one moving part and got 200k miles on the first engine without maintenance.

        The answer for Tesla would be to continue developing the most awesome prime mover until everyone had one in their car/truck/airplane/boat/motorcycle/lawnmower/moped/and the list goes on.

        The answer for us would be to try again for peace, and to keep trying until we get it right.  Never give up the good fight for peace.

        Mike Passerotti

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 14, 2001
          The only thing a zealot needs is a cause. There will
          always be zealots breeding causes. The muslim religion
          is honorable and ethical in nature as practiced by
          Muhammad. The same can be said for the practice of
          Chrisitanity and of the Jewish religion. It is the
          zealot who refuses to read the entire scripture,
          picking and choosing select scriptures to build
          fragmented support for his fragmented beleif. Pick a
          religious cause, either foreign or domestic, zealous
          and extreme in nature and they cannot be swayed
          because they will always view the same religious texts
          differently than you. In our country we have
          separationists, segragationists, eco warriors, and
          anti abortionists. Mixed into these extreme fringe
          groups are many flat out anti government nuts like
          McVeigh. The zealots of these groups are as abhorent
          as Bin Laden, willing to kill and maim anyone to make
          a statement. These individuals feel they are military
          in a sense waging a guerilla war on the suppressing
          nation. If they are military in nature then they would
          wage war openly. They would understand the honor and
          ethics of the combat/military mind. Without this
          understanding, unwilling to stand up, and be
          recognized as a legitimate fighting force, they lose
          the protection and respect given to such a force. They
          are only common criminals and thugs. Only on
          protection and support from an organized government,
          country, or nation can they claim legal protection and
          justifiable recognition for their cause. Once that
          occurs the host nation becomes a target for
          retaliation such as we now plan. If they do not then
          the resident nation must turn them over. Refusal to
          turn them over would be interpreted as protection and
          support. This is where we are at now. Bin Laden is
          known to be in a specific country. Refusing to turn
          him and his generals over releases the dogs of war.
          Why do I feel the group or nation harboring him wants
          this to happen
          Mark

          === message truncated ===