Re: [TeslaTurbine] Re: Relationship formulas

  • Paul Eitson
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2000
      Great post John. Thanks for the diagram. This diagram represents the
      Tesla turbine, vavular conduit and mechanical oscillator (not the
      electro-mechanical oscillator)
      The patent I have seen suggests useing the mechanical osciallator in
      conjunction with the vavular conduit. This basically means attaching a
      piston to one end of the mechanical oscillator. In this case the piston
      has a vavular conduit from one end to the other. On the compression
      stroke air has difficulty passing backward through the vavular conduit.
      On the intake stroke air is easily drawn in through the top of the
      piston and compressed. Several such pistons can be used in series,on the
      same shaft, so that air proceeds through each piston, becoming more
      compressed with each stroke.Several such pistons can result in
      liquification of air. The stroke of a mechanical oscillator depends on
      length and can be from severl hundred to several thousand per minute.
      The electro mechanical oscillator can move coils in the hundreds of
      pounds at the same speed as light weight coils. As a generator its
      efficiency is very high. It can produce a type of direct current and
      cause rapid rotation in a Faraday disk.
      As to the relationship formula below, there is one I developed which
      depends on the area of rotational contact. C= pi D A= pi R squared.
      The rotational contact area is equal to the surface area of the disk
      multiplied by the rpm. Rpm is determined by the speed of the steam,
      under load, this will be half the speed of the incoming steam, without
      load it will approach the speed of the incoming steam. These figures are
      variable based on the number of disks and air resistance. If a condenser
      is used, a hard vacuum will be created at the outlet of the turbine,
      reduceing resistance. If heat of vaporization is reclaimed from the
      steam, only a fraction of the energy will be necessary to boil the water
      into steam.
      Tesla suggested useing twice as many rotors in a vacuum turbine as
      with the drive turbine to remove air from the containment. Since the
      rotors in a vacuum turbine can be made thinner, it would be about the
      same weight. The amount of work the vacuum turbine does is only a
      fraction of the work the drive turbine does, because it removes trace
      amounts of air, compared to the drive turbine which is moved by 27 cubic
      foot of steam per pound of water. So work done greatly exceeds work
      consumed. The volume of the steam is 27 cubic foot at stp. At 27 HG the
      volume of steam may equal 64 cubic foot.
      Paul