Hard disk turbines?

  • iwerk@home.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2000
      A Tesla Turbine made from scrap computer hard disk platters?
      Perfectly balanced for high speed, mirror finish, very thin
      and relatively strong.

      I do not know if they have an ability to handle heat effectively
      but the price $0.00 is definitely right.

      Especially interesting, are the old disk packs from the mainframe
      hard disks. These platters are huge...
      Has anyone considered using outside bearings?
      This leaves the center hole obstruction free...

      The Canadian built jet engine for the legendary "AVRO Arrow"
      fighter aircraft was designed this way.

      It was extremely successful until politics scrapped the entire
      project and destroyed all remaining evidence.

      food for thought... WerkSpace Inc.