see ya found it

  • Paul Eitson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2000
      Thanks for joining the list Ian,
      . It is silent as a tomb for the most part, but I occasionally get
      posts from some knowledgeable persons. Seems that there are more than a
      few persons interested in the Dobel boiler. This has been another topic
      of discussion on this list since it is a general science list and open
      to any discussions. Hopefully we can stir up a discussion on the power
      generation system.

      I recently found out copper tubeing is available that has another
      tube inside. If a direct combustion pulse could be ran through the
      inside tube it might be possible to produce a direct combustion Dobel
      type boiler. (It is my understanding that the origional Dobel boiler
      used radient heat, and a 440 foot copper tube.) The Dobel boiler also
      reclaims condensation from the steam to feed back into the boiler.

      The latent heat of vaporization as well as the condensation can be
      reclaimed by a Tesla turbine. This would reduce energy needs to very
      low levels. Tesla suggested useing a water jacket to accomplish this
      which would also help reduce sound levels. My design (well actually
      Tesla's design) should reclaim most of the heat from combustion and
      vaporization. I do not propose a water jacket, but just connect the
      turbines directly to the storage tank. (As does most of the Tesla
      pictures I have seen ) . Since metal is very conductive of heat, heat
      given up from condensation (560 cal/gram) should flow toward the tank
      due to the lower temperature of the tank. Since no steam escapes very
      little heat is lost to the outside, except through leaks.

      I will work on a diagram to illustrate the basic heat flow in a turbine
      unit. I can also post basic turbine construction diagrams, however TEBA
      is the best source for those. The unit I am considering has three
      turbines on the same shaft. This would seem like the drive turbine would
      produce less work than the two exhaust turbines, however this is not the
      case. If you consider that the two exhaust turbines can be made of
      thinner material, the exhaust turbines can be constructed to be equal in
      weight to the single drive turbine. It is important to note that in the
      phase change in water it goes from 27 cubic foot, to a few cubic inches,
      so one of the exhaust turbines removes only a very tiny volume. The
      other exhaust turbine only removes air from the tank that has entered
      due to leaks or as a product of combustion. Both together only consume a
      fraction of the energy that the drive turbine produces.

      I will post as photoshop jpeg.

      Regards,
      Paul