Re: [TeslaTurbine] Digest Number 113

  • Kent Kenison
    Message 1 of 2 , May 13, 2000
      Has anyone built or have the figures for a tesla pump. I am looking to
      build one with about 8" disks and 1.75" thick. I need about 50+ psi, 50+
      gpm? I havent been able to find any specifications on sizes for presures,
      please help. Thank you

      Kent Kenison
    • Paul Eitson
      Message 2 of 2 , May 14, 2000
        Kent,
        Tesla's diagram for the fluid propulsion unit is available in the book "
        Tesla's big book of patents"
        available at Barnes and Noble for about 17.00 US. This design features a
        spiral star washer, 1/16" spaceing between the rotor sections, and a volute
        housing. Smaller rotors mean faster rpm is necessary. If you consider the
        speed at which the outside edge of the rotors is moveing you will get an
        idea. A 1 foot diameter rotor section turning at one rpm is moving
        approximately 3.14 foot per minute. A 10 foot diameter rotor section turning
        at one rpm is moving at 31.4 foot per minute. You must assume the water is
        moving at 1/2 the speed of the rotor section. The pressure is directly
        related to the speed at which the water is moving. The volume is directly
        related to the number of disks per rotor section + the speed of the water.
        Paul
        Sorry no exact figures. But many variables involved. Inlet diameter, outlet
        diameter, incoming pressure, Head pressure, volute housing or not. Basically
        the pump wants to eject water in all directions so a circular housing will
        result in back pressure.