The piezoelectric effect and other absurdities in modern physics

  • sorincosofret
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2009
      The piezoelectric effect and other absurdities in modern physics

      The array of absurdities in actual physics continues with a new one: the explanation of piezoelectric effect.
      A detailed discussion of how piezoelectric effect is incompatible with actual explanation and with quantum hypothesis:
      http://www.elkadot.com/physical-chemistry/Piezoelectric%20Effect.htm

      The dielectric problems and displacement currents is the subject of the next topic.

      Best regards,

      Sorin Cosofret
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 24, 2009

        In case any of you bothered to read further on this, you should note that ionization of the piezelectric material is not necessary to produce a change in the electric field. It is only necessary to bend that field a bit, changing the charge arangement in a molecular structure or superstructure with a modest polarization. Sorry that beyond this I do not have any usefull current info on how it should be analyzed. If you start with a flawed premise, you most often get a flawed conclusion.

        BTB, did you know that some waxes can hold a fixed electrostatic field if they are solidified while exposed to the field? It is called an electret. I never made one deliberatly myself.

        And since the subject came up this way, does anybody want to share a good description of the physics of rubbing, cat hair or similar, to produce static charge? While I have done it, I no longer recall the explanation (might not be valid anymore. I learned my physics a very very long time ago).