Re: Lightning theory

  • Paul Eitson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 13, 2000
      I think if you live close to a radar installation you would not need a
      microwave. I suspect a DC or electrolytic type capacitor would be needed.
      These capacitors will absorbe tremenodous amounts of current so only a very
      tiny one would be necessary. There might also be some benifit into
      createing an electromagnetic field around a wire. Particles passing through
      the field might be encouraged to drop more energy into the field.
      I don't know if you have ever wound a bifilar coil, but they have
      some interesting porperties, more improtatnly they are flat and can be made
      very large with the same amount of material it would take to wind a much
      smaller cylinder shaped coil.
      If you want to wind one it can be done with twisted fiber speaker
      wire (use one gold and one silver wire so you can distingiush between the
      two. (Magnetic wire is better) The only thing else you need is a computer
      CD coaster and some glue. Put a bolt through the center along with about 3
      inches of each wire. Place the other CD on top and tighten the nut until it
      is about the thickness of the wire between the CD,s. Wind both wires
      togather so that concentric circules are formed. Dab with glue as you wind.
      You should have two CD's with both color wires sticking out from the
      center and both gold and silver wires on the outside edge. Leave enough
      wire sticking out so you can connect the gold outside wire to the silver
      inside wire.
      Attachin a small battery to the remaining wires will produce an
      electromagnet, as is shown by a compass. The battery becomes very warm when
      you do this. Tesla claimed the capacitance of the bifilar coil to increase
      geometrically with size.
      I have been wanting to try this with something the size of an old album
      and much smaller wire.
      I really don't know as much about the antenna as you do. It is a
      field of study you seem to know more about than I so I would welcome your
      opinion. Post the diagram as a gif.