PennState has tested Teslas Valvular Conduit.

  • sveinutne
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2006
      Hi,

      PennState has tested Teslas Valvular Conduit.
      http://www.mne.psu.edu/me415/fall04/APC2/
      They did not get the 200:1 difference in resistance depending on
      direction of flow like Tesla clams in his patent. Maybe PennState did
      not use the same Raynolds Number as Tesla did, PennState was below
      60000 in Raynolds Number. What Tesla was using I do not know.

      If the drawing of the Tesla gasturbine is in propotion to the real
      turbine, it might be possible to estimate the size of his burner and
      Valvular Conduit, and then maybe also the Raynolds Number.

      If we guess the turbine has a 12¡¨turbine, the burner looks to be 1¡¨
      in diameter and 3¡¨ in high.
      This will give about 40cc volume in the burner. That was less then I
      was expecting. I think I will reduce the size of my burner from 100cc
      till 40cc. Tesla has mention that the burner was exploding 100 till
      almost 1000 times per seconds. If we use 100 times per seconds this
      will give about 5 ms for filling the burner with air. If we use 100
      m/s as maximum speed for incoming air, it will give the air only 0.5
      meter of travel distance trough the intake, so the opening need to be
      more then 3 by 3 mm.
      If we use 3x3mm opening for the Valvular Conduit, it will be 2mm at
      the smalles bends, and that is just the minimum size the workshop can
      work on, so I will use that size. If I print out the drawing of the
      Valvular Conduit (VC) from the patent is will be 2 mm at the smallest
      bent, so I have a 1:1 scale to present to the workshop. Very good. It
      will then be 21 cm long. I will not take out the full 6 mm deep
      grove in the aluminium plate I will use for the VC I was planning,
      but start with only 2 mm so I can test different Raynolds numbers and
      measure the different resistances. Then make the grove deeper if I
      see I need more space for the incoming air.
      Also I think I will put in a double valve at the fuel inlet, so I can
      use two different types of fuel. One type of fuel for starting and an
      other for normal operation. Then I can use compressed air for
      starting if I have it available, and if not, I can use the lighter
      fuel (maybe nitro metan used for model airplane or some butane).

      Maybe I put in some wolfram wire together with the sparkplug, and run
      some current through the wolfram to make it red-hot (1000 degrees
      Celsius) for easy ignition.

      Then when it gets hot and starts to run without the need of the
      sparkplug it will be interesting to see what frequency it will use
      during run, and how easy I can adjust the frequency by the regulator
      valves.

      I can hardly wait to build this, but I have to wait. Now Easter
      vacation starts and the workshop close down till next week. (This dam
      vacationsļ).

      If some of you have tested the VC, I would love to hear from you and
      learn about your experiences.

      Regards
      Svein