RE: [TeslaTurbine] Need more info on the burner

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2006

      The valvular conduit is a hydrodynamic valve, very like the flapper
      valve used on pulse jet engines, only using flow dynamics rather than a
      mechanical flap. When the gas and air mix is ignited it closes this
      valve (more like jugs up the intake port by tangling the flow up in this
      case) and builds up a high pressure that has to escape through the
      exhaust nozzle. The momentum of the escaping gas drags the pressure down
      below the external pressure as the chamber empties and this pulls a new
      charge of air into the chamber. The incoming air finds a much lower
      resistance to it's flow through the valvular conduit, so the gas rushes
      in. It's inrush momentum produces a slight overpressure which is briefly
      trapped in the chamber. If fuel is injected and the charge ignited, then
      you are back to a step and repeat. I have not yet heard of anyone making
      this into a practical pulse jet, but it should work.