Re: [TeslaTurbine] Turbine Build Project

  • Drew Marinich
    Message 1 of 37 , Sep 25, 2005
      There in lie's the question. What?? When Tesla first built his turbine it got nothing but praise from many engineer's.  I have the new's articles to prove it.

      I guess I'll just drop a few grand, and build my design.  I know atleast it will either work or it won't

      panamabob@... wrote:
      thanks for the link...i like the description...

      " innovative Disc Pump technology"

      engineers are always looking to do better ...so there must be some reason that it hasn't caught on more...
      Message 37 of 37 , Sep 29, 2005

        These are, I think, long range molecular attraction, which grabs the gas
        at the surface, and shear behavior in the gas itself which constructs
        the rest of the boundary layer. The dimpled golf ball flys further
        because it reduces the friction/drag, by aerodynamic processes I really
        have not studied. I just thought they may help, at least for low
        velocity gas flow. Probably not at supersonic flow rates though.

        WRT friction. The drag force results in friction losses in a normal way,
        but in this case, the friction force actually does the work we want done
        on the blades. It is turbulance that turns the gas velocity into heat
        and loss of energy. No idea how sensitive the drag coefficients are to
        the actual disk surface material. I know it is sensitive to the gas
        used. Probably CO2 would work better than air (the strong bipolar
        molecule should grab pretty good. Steam is probably better.).