Re: looking for data

  • William Carr
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2005
      On Jul 13, 2005, at 9:30 AM, TeslaTurbine@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > A Tesla turbine for air sounds more like a spinning bar of whatever
      > the disk
      > material is- weakened by "paper thin" slots cut into the bar! :(

      Yep. It's easy to come up with a design that would be impossible
      to manufacture.

      I'm reading up on Hirsch Vortex design, and trying to correlate with
      Tesla Turbines.

      A Hirsch Vortex works by separating cold molecules from hot molecules.

      Could a TT/Hirsch be combined?

      The single most efficient design I can imagine would be a flat spiral
      solid.

      Imagine that you had a rotor three inches across, machined into a
      spiral shape.

      The 'blades' in the spiral would be no more than 1/20 of an inch
      thick, and the air gap would be 1/100th of an inch.

      When you spin this bad boy up, air enters through intake holes in the
      armature, and gets drawn along with the spiral blade.

      When the air reaches the end of the spiral, you separate it into cold
      flow at the center and hot flow at the casing.

      Of course, this design is just about impossible to make !