      Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 1:56 PM
      Subject: [TeslaTurbine] Flywheel

      I've noted that there is much energy in the amount of mass spinning in a TT.
      The larger the disk pack, the more energy stored.  I read an article on
      flywheel stored energy.  Got me thinking - higher rpm, higher velocity fluid
      stream, magnetic bearings, composite materials able to handle steam - pretty
      good combination.

      Surely, some of you noticed how long it takes to spin down a TT.  Thats a
      lot of energy return thats usable and should be put into the equation of
      energy return when considering efficiencies (especially if you take into
      account the energy expense of spinning up the rotar).

      Anyone else putting the flywheel notion to TT?  I don't recall anyone
      touting high rpms typical in flywheels.

      Mike Passerotti